Viralnetics is different.
There are quite a few websites of our kind that showcase the rising popularity of content on the Internet, but they’re usually done for the sole purpose of monetisation rather than as a genuine means of providing entertaining content. They’ll use methods that include the following:
- Multiple pages for a single gallery to force new advertising impressions. Some will even render a new page just to say that you have reached the end.
- Overlaying advertising near or even over buttons diminishes the user experience and is done so with the sole purpose of forcing you to visit another page despite your intentions. We obviously don’t do this.
- We don’t overlay those ridiculous and criminally minded adverts that promise income, opportunity, or love. They’re sole purpose is to extort you without providing any tangible return. It’s criminal.
- We don’t overlay popups, hidden tabs, hidden text, or anything else. We just show you awesome content.
- We avoid nonsense clickbait headlines… particularly when the article showcases content that is contrary to expectations. We take an honest approach.
We are a media company based in Sydney, Australia, that run a routine that digs out content and rising popularity of media before the Internet notices. If you’re interested, we also do work for web, television, and radio.
What does Viralnetics mean?
The Greek word Nous is a philosophical term for the mind or intellect. Outside of a philosophical context, it is often used in English to denote “common sense” although the Greek context usually applies. Nous has evolved in the English language into the word ‘noetics’. Therefore, Viralnetics loosely translates to ‘The Internet Mind and Intellect’. A broader morphism of the word Viralnetics could mean “internet and media ethics” or the ‘Internet philosophy’… which points towards the importance of knowledge and the pursuit of vocational excellence. Sharing information and ideas, collaboration, feedback and discussion is the basis of this online platform.
Cybernetics is the study of feedback and derived concepts such as communication and control in living organisms, machines and organisations. Its focus is how anything (digital, mechanical or biological) processes information, reacts to information, and changes or can be changed to better accomplish the first two tasks. The term cybernetics stems from the Greek kybernetes (steersman, governor, pilot, or rudder the same root as government). Cybernetics is a broad field of study, but the essential goal of cybernetics is to understand and define the functions and processes of systems that have goals, and that participate in circular, causal chains that move from action to sensing to comparison with desired goal, and again to action. Studies in cybernetics provide a means for examining the design and function of any system including social systems such as business management, social networks and organisational learning for the purpose of making information models more efficient and effective. As such, Viralnetics is about information management, organisational learning, collaboration, feedback and discussion and making information, content, and media more efficient.